Sunday, July 04, 2010
Pioneer Day Celebrations
NOTE: This list will be ongoing and added to as I hear about activities, please check back often!
Here is a list of all of the many celebrations going on around Utah to celebrate our statehood (NOTICE: Not all of them are on the 24th! Many of them are earlier in the month!):
Tremonton City Days
Thousands of people come from all around each year to participate in this annual event. Lots to do and see for every age group…most of them are free!
- Special events run from 8:00 am to 10:00pm including a City Council Breakfast on Saturday morning at 8:00am
- Featuring: entertainment, booths, baby contest, fireworks, home run derby, 5k fun run, free carnival rides, inflatable toys,contests and classic car show.
- This event is fun for the whole family.
- This year will feature a concert by Grand Ol Opry veteran and Nashville recording artist Mark Petersen plus comedy magician Al Lampkin (which I can personally say is a GREAT show!)
- Games include a hot dog eating contest, all-star ball games.
- Movie, “The Spy Next Door,” on Friday evening at dusk.
- Click Here for the full schedule of events.
(Marysvale is located in Southern Utah south of Richfield. I had to look it up!)
Saturday July 24th - starting at 7am
Pioneer Day Celebration
7:00 a.m. Breakfast-City Park
10:00 a.m. Parade-Bullion Avenue
11:00 a.m. Kid's Game's - City Park
1:00 p.m. Biggest Little Rodeo - City Park
Days of 47 Events
Click Here to see our post about all of the Days of 47 activities.
Youth Parade, "Pioneers of Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow".
- Parade starts at 7 pm, children meet at 6:30 pm at THS parking lot (301 W. Vine St.)
- Free family activities at the Tooele City Park after parade.
(Ivins is located North East of St George, UT)
- This years activities will be held on Saturday, July 24 at Ivins City Park. Activities will include: a Pancake Breakfast from 7:00 - 9:00 am sponsored by the Ivins City Firefighters Assoc., a Flag Raising Ceremony at 8:00 am at Ivins City Hall, a Parade on Center Street at 9:00 am, and Activities in the Park until 2:00 pm which will include arts, crafts, food, games and information.
16th Annual Native American Celebration in the Park Powwow
Saturday July 24th at Liberty Park - 1100 S. 600 E. - Salt Lake City, Utah
Food and Arts & Crafts Booths: 7 AM until Fireworks
Powwow: 12:00 Noon until Fireworks
Powwow $5 (under 6 & over 65 Free) - All other events/activities free
Tooele Valley DUP Company Annual Pioneer Days Jubilee
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Time: 10 am to 4 pm
Location: Benson Grist Mill, Tooele, UT
Ogden Pioneer Days
Ogden has a month-long Pioneer Days celebration planned for 2010! View the events calendar by clicking here. Activities include: movies, parades, concerts, dances, breakfasts, rodeos, a kids only rodeo, fireworks, and much more!
Red Butte Gardens FREE Admission Day
Thanks to Salt Lake County voters and Zoo, Arts, and Parks tax for funding Garden Gift Days.
Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:00 am - 9:00 pm