Sunday, January 09, 2011

FREE Events This Week: Jan. 10th to Jan. 16th

Just because the holidays are over, doesn't mean the free events and fun have stopped! There's still a ton of stuff to do and get out and see! Don't let the "January Blahs" get you down! Get out and see Utah!

Here are your picks for FREE activities going on this week. As always, make sure to check our calendar page. Also, check this page frequently, as many events are added throughout the week as I hear about them.

You can also check out our Winter In Utah page for more fun ideas, many of them free!

Zumbatomic (Families)
Zumba Dance aerobics for kids! Have fun and get a workout at the same time. January 15th, 22nd @11am - Sandy Library

Writing Coaching
A free public service program provided by the Community Writing center at the Salt Lake Community college.Help for all ages, bring something to work on. No appointment necessary.
Every Monday in January @6pm - Columbus Library (library closed Mon. 17th)
Every Saturday in January @12pm - Columbus Library

Writers' Circle
Teens and Adults. Do you write? Do you wish to write? Are you seeking that 1% of inspiration to motivate you to the other 99% of perspiration? Join the West Jordan Library’s Writers’ Circle for exercises, discussions and information to help you progress in your writing goals.
January 11th @7pm - West Jordan Library

Trashbusters Magic
Families. A magical look at the 3 Rs: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Magical fun including the Amazing Big Green Machine. Free magic trick for all children!
January 10th @7pm - Bingham Creek Library

GO - Get Organized!
Adults. January is Get Organized month. If you are overwhelmed at the thought of getting organized, a Clear & Simple organizing expert will show you how to make organizing fun, freeing and simple!
January 11th @7pm - Kearns Library (paper clutter)
January 12th @7pm - Bingham Creek Library (organizing closets)

The Boy Who Cried Wolf
Families. Puppet show. The shepherd boy longs for excitement, so he makes some of his own by telling a lie. The sheepdog decides the teach the boy a lesson about telling lies.
January 12th @10:15am - Riverton Library
January 13th @10:15am - Riverton Library

Nutrition and Exercise For Children and Adults
Adults. This presentation is a great starting point for those who are interested in improving their families eating habits and becoming more active.
January 13th @7pm - Hunter Library

The Pajama Monster!
Young Glenwood Haggins doesn’t want to give up his beloved onsies for the new, big boy pajamas his mom wants him to wear. But Mom makes him…Big mistake! For little does mom know, these new pajamas will turn him into a MONSTER! Told with a blend of puppets and live acting. This fun tale is safe for kids of all ages and will entertain the littlest of the littles and the biggest of the bigs.
January 10th @7pm - Draper Library
January 15th @2pm - Ruth Vine Tyler Library

Family Yoga - Winter Series Class
Greentree Yoga presents a family yoga class. Families are required to register, but everyone is invited to attend.
Second Thursday of the month, January 2011-March 2011 - Herriman Library. Click HERE to register.
January 11th @7pm - Whitmore Library. Call 801.944.7539 to register.

Magic With A Flair
Families. Magic fills the air with Christopher Fair, magician extraordinaire!
January 10th @7pm - South Jordan Library

Scholarship and Financial Aid Night
Teens and Adults. Can’t tell a scholarship from a scam, or a grant from a gimmick? Come and learn about the different kinds of financial aid available to help you pay for college, and how to get them from a representative of UHEAA. We will cover the basics of scholarships, grants, work-study programs, student loans, and savings, as well as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This information is applicable to all age groups. We hope to see you there! No registration required.
January 12th @7pm - Taylorsville Library

Fridays between 3:00 and 5:30 pm
Jan. 11 at 4:30 pm—rated PG.
Jan. 18 at 4:30 pm—rated PG-13.
Jan. 25 at 4:30 m—rated PG.
Call or visit the library for specific movie titles. Space limited. Arrive early.
Learn how to search the Internet, find specific documents, images and much more! This class is for the beginning computer user and gives students the basic skills needed for Internet use.
Friday January 14th 7pm - Pleasant Grove Library
Peteetneet Annual Woodcarvers' Exhibit
The Wood Carvers' Exhibit is a yearly exhibit, but new pieces are on display each year along with many old favorites. Don't miss out on seeing these beautiful pieces carved in such unique ways.

Wasatch Jugglers
Free practice every Sunday. Click the link for more info.

Movie Mondays at Weber County Libraries
A variety of movies shown at the libaries in Weber County

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!