Caregiving and Babysitting
This course gives youth ages 11 to 15 years old the knowledge and confidence to care for infants and school-age children. Combining video, activities, hands-on skills training and discussion for a complete learning experience, Babysitter’s Training teaches youth how to:
- Respond to emergencies and illnesses with first aid, rescue breathing and other appropriate care
- Make decisions under pressure
- Communicate with parents to learn household rules
- Recognize safety and hygiene issues
- Manage young children
- Feed, diaper and care for infants
- Start their babysitting business
Red Cross First Aid, CPR (cardio pulmonary resuscitation) and AED (automatic external defibrillator) training meets the needs of workplace responders, schools, professional responders and healthcare providers, as well as the general public. We offer both certified and non-certified training options.
Lifeguarding and Swimming
American Red Cross teaches people of all ages and various abilities how to swim and be safe around the water. Our courses combine the best in swim instruction with a strong emphasis on drowning prevention and water safety. We also provide comprehensive training for lifeguards, instructors and aquatic facility management to help protect aquatic facility patrons.
Other Prepardeness Links You May Be Interested In: