Here's how it works:
- Go to the FoundIt website and sign up for one of their many affordable packages. Use checkout code "EnjoyUtah" to receive a discount!
- Shortly after signing up, you receive stickers, key chain tags, luggage tags, etc. in the mail. They have your unique ID already printed on them.
- Attach these to anything and everything you want to make sure returns back to you should it ever get lost. (I have attached mine to my keys, day planner, laptop, camera, cell phone, flip camera, purse, and wallet. I am sure I will think of many more things to attach them to as I look around.)
- Go on with your merry life! If one of your items gets lost, and somebody finds it, they will see the "FoundIt" tag attached to it. They will then text or go online, enter your unique ID, and you will be notified that your item has been found and who you can contact to pick it up. (FoundIt also gives you great safety tips when picking up or sending a lost item. Safety first!)
- At this point you will be so thrilled that you signed up for the FoundIt! service, that you will want to share this information with everybody and anybody you know!
One thing that stood out to me when I attached a sticker to my cell phone:
I have always worried about if I were to get in an accident or fall and hit my head while hiking, how would somebody contact my family? My cell phone has a lock on it that only I know the pass code to. I have ICE (In Case Of Emergency) numbers programmed in my cell phone, but how are emergency responders going to notify my family, or even know who I am, without access to my cell phone's pass code? On my FoundIt profile, I entered my hubby's cell #, so he will also receive notifications. Now I don't have to worry about if they are able to access my cell phone or not: they have my Found It ID!
I also love that their plans are affordable!
Disclaimer: I received a subscription to the FoundIt! service to review this product, but all of the opinions in this review are my own, and I was not paid to give a review. I was not required to give a good review, only an honest review of what I thought of this service.