Visit the links below, and stay tuned for more information to be added as I do more and more research. This is a "project in progress", so check back often for more information!
As my friend commented: "Wow, there is so much history here! You could write only about the Salt Lake City Cemetery for the rest of your life and still have more to write about!" There is so much to see at this "hidden jewel", I hope you will enjoy learning about it as much as I have! Learn how to research your own family history at the Salt Lake City Cemetery.
Salt Lake City Cemetery Self-Guided Tour
Use the documents and maps found in this article to enjoy a self-guided tour of the cemetery.
- Ancient Native American Remains - Mass Burial
- Burial database
- The Christmas Box Angel Monument
- The Christmas Box Angel Candlelight Vigil (every year on Dec 7)
- Who is "Emo"? The history of Emo's Grave
- First burial
- Hirum Bebee - "The Sundance Kid"?
- History of the cemetery
- History of The Gate Entrance
- Jack Slade - COMING SOON!
- Jean Baptiste - Grave Robber
- Old well - filled in completely in 1915 - COMING SOON!
- Pioneer Burial Site and Ancient Native American Burial Site
- Prison Inmmate Remains - Mass Burial
- Prophets' Graves
- Self-Guided Tour
- Sextons of the cemetery
- Scavenger Hunt for kids
- U of U Body Donor Section
- Wheelchair Headstone - Beautiful and emotional!
- MORE TO COME! Stay tuned!