Visit the links below, and stay tuned for more information to be added as I do more and more research. This is a "project in progress", so check back often for more information!
As my friend commented: "Wow, there is so much history here! You could write only about the Salt Lake City Cemetery for the rest of your life and still have more to write about!" There is so much to see at this "hidden jewel", I hope you will enjoy learning about it as much as I have! Learn how to research your own family history at the Salt Lake City Cemetery.
Salt Lake City Cemetery Self-Guided Tour
Use the documents and maps found in this article to enjoy a self-guided tour of the cemetery.
- Burial database
- First burial
- Prophets' Graves
- History of the cemetery
- History of The Gate Entrance
- Sextons of the cemetery
- Scavenger Hunt for kids
- Ancient Native American Remains - Mass Burial
- U of U Body Donor Section
- Hirum Bebee - "The Sundance Kid"?
- Prison Inmmate Remains - Mass Burial
- The Christmas Box Angel Monument
- Site of old well - filled in completely in 1915 - COMING SOON!
- Who is "Emo"? The history of Emo's Grave
- Jean Baptiste - Grave Robber
- Self-Guided Tour
- MORE TO COME! Stay tuned!
|Click map to enlarge|