|The Armstrong Mansion in Salt Lake City began as a love story|
- The Armstrong Mansion - Located in Salt Lake City on the NorthWest corner of 700 East and 100 South, I have a soft spot in my heart for The Armstrong Mansion. Over a hundred years ago, my family began when Mrs. Armstrong's nephew fell in love with the housemaid. They were married in the parlor. Read more about the history of The Armstrong Mansion and the ties to my family on my post about The Armstrong Mansion. The Armstrong Mansion was built as a gesture of love for a wedding gift from Mr Francis Armstrong to his beloved bride, Isabelle Siddoway Armstrong. The Armstrongs were known as a family that welcomed guests, and the current owners continue in that tradition under the operation of a bed and breakfast.
- Inn On The Hill - If you have ever driven up to the Utah State Capitol, you have probably noticed the Inn On The Hill. Known originally as the Woodruff House, is was completed in 1906. The living room walls were covered with leather and canvas hand painted by famous local artist, William Culmer.Edward Day Woodruff came to Salt Lake City from Rock Springs, Wyoming in 1890. He was a surgeon for the Union Pacific Railroad. Used as apartments in the 1970s and later transformed into offices, the Woodruff Home has been a bed and breakfast since 1998. The 13 themed rooms are named after popular places in Utah, such as Sundance, Saltair, Arches and Zion.
- Castle Creek Inn - Feel like royalty when staying at this beautiful castle located in Cottonwood Heights. Ten luxurious guest rooms to choose from, including the Romeo and Juliet, Rapunzel's Tower, Garden Suite and Camelot. Their large whirlpool tubs are equipped with romantic mood lighting. Originally built as a home in the late 1980s, the castle was abandoned when the owners moved out of state. It has been under operation as a bed and breakfast since the mid to late 1990s.
- Anniversary Inn - The Anniversary Inn has three locations on Utah: Fifth South in Salt Lake City, South Temple in Salt Lake City (North of the Armstrong Mansion), and Logan. It is known for its beautifully decorated theme rooms. Have you always wanted to visit Venice, but haven't found the time or money? Stay in the Venice room! If a Shakespearean them is your idea of romance, Juliet's Balcony is perfect for you. The Enchanted Forest room is the perfect hideaway from the world. Their Romantic Rewards program is a great way to experience all of the themed rooms available.
- 1887 Hansen House - Located in Sandy, the 1887 Hansen House is on the National Historic Registry. Choose from the main house, or the guest house that has three additional rooms. The house is surrounded by rock gardens, fountains, and hundred year-old trees.
|A secret room in The Armstrong Mansion|
has a relaxing tub and astmosphere
- Silver Fork Lodge - Silver Fork Lodge in Big Cottonwood Canyon has been open since 1943. Breakfast the next morning is included in your overnight stay. The rooms have no telephones or TVs in order to provide guests with true ‘peace and quiet’. Free shuttles are offered to and from the Salt Lake International Airport, as well as Brighton and Solitude ski resorts.
- Alaskan Inn - If you are looking for a peaceful, mountain atmosphere to escape to, the Alaskan Inn is the perfect place. Choose from rooms in the main lodging house, or escape into your own private cabin room. Each room and cabin has an outdoor theme to it, such as North Pole, Glacier Cabin, Eagles Nest and Bear's Den.
- Providence Inn (Old Rock Church) - Also known as the Old Rock Church Event Center, the Providence Inn is a very cozy and welcoming place to spend your night. Each room has a classic atmosphere, each with its unique decorated theme of days gone by. The Pioneer Home Room is a tribute to the history of the building. Built in 1868, the original beams of the building are exposed. It also has pictures of the pioneers and a king size canopy bed with a crocheted top. The jetted tub is an old fashioned freestanding style tub, and the bathroom also has a double vanity and double headed shower. This room also has a fireplace in the bedroom.
- Woodland Farmhouse Inn - Woodland is located just minutes from Kamas and Heber, and is another place I hold dear to my heart. While one side of my family's story began at the Armstrong Mansion, the other side began in Woodland, right around the corner from the Woodland Farmhouse Inn. The house that my grandpa was born in and grew up in could be seen from the windows of the Inn until it was tore down in 2012. There are many summer and winter activities to participate in surrounding Woodland. The rooms at the Woodland Farmhouse Inn are beautifully decorated, and some even have their own private entrance.
- Blue Boar Inn - When a group of people were surveyed and asked about their favorite Utah Bed and Breakfast, the Blue Boar Inn in Midway was brought up several times because of their delicious food. The Blue Boar offers a romantic European getaway, from the Inn’s elegant rooms to fine candle-lit dining and the mountain ambience of the Heber Valley. I have been told by others who have stayed there that a helicopter ride or hot air balloon ride is included with your stay, but please verify that with the Blue Boar Inn upon booking if you are interested.
- Johnson Mill - Also located in Midway, the Johnson Mill was named "One of the 4 most romantic Inns in the country" by Redbook Magazine. There are three styles of rooms to choose from: suites, premium rooms, or deluxe rooms. You can also rent out the entire house for weddings or other special occasions.
- Invited Inn - Another popular bed and breakfast located in Midway, the Invited Inn also offers spa packages as requested with your room reservation. Enjoy the surrounding Heber and Midway towns while staying at the Invited Inn.
- Hines Mansion - A historic home built in Provo in 1895, the Hines Mansion now serves as a bed and breakfast hotel. The Hines is a special part of Provo's Historic Downtown and is on Utah's Registry of Historic Homes. A bottle of sparkling cider is placed on ice in the room of each guest on their first night at the Hines Bed and Breakfast. Every room has its own private bath. Each room has a two-person jetted tub, two comfortable robes, cable-TV, and a VCR with access to our complementary video library. Many of the rooms have distinctive turn-of-the-century decor. If you really need it, each room has access to a wireless high-speed inter-net connection.
- Somewhere Inn Time - Located in Lindon, the Somewhere Inn Time was Voted #1 in Utah County for "Best Reception Center" in 2005 & 2006. It has seven romantic getaway themed suites. In the morning a breakfast basket will be brought up to your room.
- Manti House Inn - Manti House Inn a house of history, elegance and heritage. Nestled just one block west of the Manti Temple, for over a century this historic home has entertained and housed people from all over the world with its luxurious accommodations. Rich in history, the Manti House Inn began as a log home in 1868, and grew into the "Manti Temple Boarding House" with 23 rooms. You can read about their rooms available on their website.
- Yardley Inn and Spa - Known as "A touch of heaven on Earth," the Yardley Inn and Spa in Manti is a great place to get away for romance and adventure. Choose from carriage rides, spa services and massages. While staying in Manti, enjoy one of many yearly events.
- The Desert Thistle - Nestled in the red rock hills near the West Entrance to Zion National Park, The Desert Thistle has four rooms to choose from. Guest rooms offer beautiful and functional furnishings (King sized beds), in room refrigerators, TV with satellite programming, direct dial phone and WI-FI.
- Green Gate Village Historic Inn - Known as one of Utah's "hidden treasures," the Green Gate Village Historic Inn is located in St George. Fourteen buildings are nestled around the "village green", and provide private lodging for all the guests. Special packages include the Tuacahn Amphitheater, Zion National Park, Heritage Tour, Romantic Getaway and more.
- Seven Wives Inn - The Seven Wives Inn Bed and Breakfast located in downtown Saint George, Utah is a historic treasure in the painted southwest desert. Two grand Victorian homes on a well-groomed, green acre offer a selection of thirteen casually elegant rooms from standards to suites all with their own private bath. Included with every stay is a superb breakfast served up fresh every morning, always gourmet and always delicious. Each room is named after one of Brigham Young's wives.