Last night I attended a class by Mojave Underground, abandoned mine explorers of the American west, at the Kearns library. They talked about Utah’s ghost towns and abandoned mines, and gave tips and tricks on visiting them.
Their class gave me an increased desire to get out and explore more of Utah, and to visit these towns rich in history.
They will be presenting this free class all Summer long at various Salt Lake County libraries. You don’t need to preregister or sign up; simply show up with a notepad ready to take notes:
- Monday June 17th – 7pm West Valley City Library
- Tuesday June 18th – 7pm Columbus Library
- Tuesday June 25th – 7pm Riverton Library
- Wednesday June 26th – 7pm Whitmore Library
- Saturday June 29th – 4pm Draper Library
- Monday July 1st – 6pm Magna Library
- Monday July 15th – 7pm West Jordan Library
- Saturday August 3rd – 10:30am Sandy Library
- Wednesday August 21st – 7pm Hunter Library
Connect with Mojave Underground: