Utah is known for "The Greatest Snow on Earth," and was home of the 2002 Winter Olympics.
Besides skiing, what else is there to do in Utah during the winter time? Below are some of our favorite activities.
If you have an idea for a Utah winter activity that we have missed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thanks!
Having Fun Outside:
- Ice Castles in Midway
Take a walk through a winter wonderland. Enchanting for all ages!
- Ice Skating In Utah Winter is a magical time for ice skating in Utah! Here is a list of places you can find for indoor and outdoor ice skating.
- Cross Country Skiing and Snowshoeing: Your guide to cross country skiing and snowshoeing in Utah.
- Snowshoe Utah: Advice on where to go and tips from the experts at SnowshoeUtah.com.
- Family Fun Winter Events in Utah What is there to do besides skiing in Utah?
- Winter Exercising: Snowshoeing A great segment on Studio 5 all about snowshoeing.
- Successful Winter Running - segment from Studio 5
- Sledding and Tubing In Utah
A beloved winter tradition in Utah is spending the day on a sled or innertube from a tire! Here are some of the best places for sledding and tubing. READ OUR REVIEW on tubing at Soldier Hollow.
- Indie Ogden's Guide To Snowshoeing
A great guide to snowshoeing in Ogden, from our friends at Indie Ogden.
- Homemade Hot Chocolate: Stay warm this winter with yummy homemade hot chocolate!
- SMMart Art: Snow Colors: A snow project idea from SMMart ideas!
- Cooking Classes at Gardner Village: Learn how to make Warm Winter Soups and other favorites.
- Cold Weather Means Movie Time!
Check out this page for all your movie-watching options from the comfort of your own home.
- 14 Utah Winter Date Night Ideas: Spend a magical date night with one of these favorite date night ideas.
- Winter Bingo: A fun activity to participate in all Winter long. Challenge your family and friends and see who can be the first to get bingo!
- Snowmamas: Let’s face it: Taking your family to the mountains for some fun in the snow can be overwhelming! What to pack? Where to go? How to get kids from the condo to ski/snowboard lessons on time? The questions are endless! That’s exactly why Park City Mountain Resort created Snowmamas.com, a unique online community of snow-loving parents, where real parents provide all kinds of tips, tricks and deals that make planning winter vacations fun and easy! Snowmamas was created to serve as a valuable resource for family winter travel planning. Are you a lover of winter sports? You are a snowmama...or snowpapa.
- Winter Emergency Car Kit: It's always best to be prepared in the Winter, and being in your vehicle is not exception. Here are suggestions for what to keep in your car during Winter in case of an emergency.
- Historic Utah Winter Storms: A list of some noteable winter storms in Utah