Thanksgiving is almost here, and it's time to start thinking about how we can celebrate Thanksgiving! Here are a few ideas and events to check out. (If you know of one I may have missed, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check back often….this list will grow as we find out about more events and activities!
My Family Recipe from Denmark: Sweet n Sour Red Cabbage
A beloved family recipe my Great Grandma brought with her from Denmark in 1910.
A directory of phone numbers to have handy for any questions about cooking your Thanksgiving meal.
Sur la Table
They have you covered with recipes, tips and cooking classes for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Massasoit statue at the Utah State Capitol
Take your family to the Utah State Capitol to view a statue of Massasoit, the leader of the Wampanoag tribe, and part of the first Thanksgiving.
Hot Chocolate Recipe
When the days are cold and all you want to do is curl up with a good book or movie, this hot chocolate recipe is perfect!
Preparing Your Vehicle For Winter
Is your vehicle ready for the cold winter temperatures, and the wet and icy roads we have come to know so well in Utah? Read through these tips on getting your vehicle ready for winter!
- Winter Emergency Car Kit: Make sure when you are traveling for Thanksgiving, don't forget the emergency essentials in case you get stranded!
Salt Lake County
- Cooking Class: Incredible Holiday Soups (Nov 7, Nov 10)
- Cooking Class: Holiday Breads and Rolls (Nov 9, Nov 21)
- Cooking Class: Traditional Turkey Dinner (Nov 12)
- Cooking Class: Fall Flavors – Pies and Tarts (Nov 13, Nov 16)
- Cooking Class: 10 Skills For Great Holiday Cooking (Nov 15, Nov 23)
- Cooking Class: Vegetarian Holiday Dishes (Nov 15, Nov 19)
- Cooking Class: Secrets For A Great Thanksgiving (Nov 16, Nov 24)
- Cooking Class: All Things Pumpkin and Sweet Potato (Nov 19)
- Cooking Class: Fresh Ideas For Thanksgiving (Nov 20, Nov 22)
- Cooking Class: Holiday Appetizers (Nov 21, Nov 22)
- Cooking Class: Plymouth (Nov 22)
- Cooking Class: Take and Bake Holiday Pies (Nov 25, Nov 26)
- Utah Human Race (Nov 27)
- Eat Like A Pilgrim (Nov 20-22, 24)
- Turkey Pardoning (Nov 26)
- Pilgrim 5K (Nov 27)
- Spanish Fork Winterlights Parade (Nov 28)
- Cooking Class: Healthy Holiday Classics (Nov 12)
- Cooking Class: Thanksgiving Side Dishes (Nov 19)
- Layton Turkey Bowl (Nov 22)