Disney On Ice “Let’s Celebrate” is coming to the Energy Solutions Arena March 4-8, 2015. For those that have never been before, or those that enjoy the show every time it comes to town, here are a few ways to make the experience more fun for your family:
Letting your kids dress up like their favorite Disney character adds to their enjoyment of the show. “I took my daughter and she loved dressing up like Rapunzel,” said local mom Julie. “She thought it was so cool to look like her. We went to the Rapunzel show a couple years ago.’
Watch the movies / Read The Stories
Watching the movies or reading books about the characters you will see brings those stories fresh into your kids’ minds and gets them excited when seeing them come out onto the ice. “I took two of my kids last time,” said local mom Alyson. “They like to read Disney stories before we go and watch the Disney movies.”
Here are the stories that will be in this production of Disney On Ice “Let’s Celebrate”:
- Very Merry Unbirthday Party (Alice in Wonderland)
- Halloween Haunt (Jack Skellington with favorite Disney villains Cruella De Vil, Captain Hook, Maleficent, Jafar and the Old Hag)
- Valentine’s Day Royal Ball (Seven pairs of Disney Princesses and Princes, including Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen. With the help of the Fairy Godmother, Minnie finds her very own Valentine – Mickey Mouse!)
- Hawaiian Luau (Lilo & Stitch)
- Celebrations Around The World (Mulan)
- Mardi Gras (Princess Tiana)
- Winter Wonderland (Toy Story)
I know that a great way to save money when attending productions like this is to skimp on treats, but having a treat or two always makes the evening more fun. My son loves using his Red Vines for a straw in his soda.
Pre-Show Surprise Package
We’ve all seen those videos of parents surprising their kids with trips to Disneyland. Why not put together a surprise package full of Disney coloring books, stuffed animals, or other Disney toys along with the tickets?
We’ve all heard the saying “Getting there is half the adventure.” This is especially true for younger kids when riding Trax. No need to search for the closest parking spot because Trax drops you off and picks you up right in front of the Energy Solutions Arena. View a map of Trax stations and prices/hours on the UTA website.