July 24th 1847 is the day Brigham Young entered the valley with a group of pioneers after declaring it “the right place”. Many people think July 24th is to celebrate Utah’s statehood, but that didn’t happen until January 4, 1896.
Every year, Utah celebrates with pioneer games, festivals, and other fun activities. Below are some that we have found. Check back often, as we will be adding more and more events as we hear about them.
If you know of one we have missed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original Pioneer Trail Hike
Walk in the shoes of the Utah pioneers and others who have come this way before and hike the original Mormon Pioneer Trail in East Canyon. This is an easy hike for families of all ages, and you can make it as long or as short as you want to.
This Is The Place Heritage Park
What better place to learn about the pioneers than an entire village dedicated to their memory and life in early Utah?! Pull a handcart, sit in a pioneer schoolhouse, watch a Blacksmith at work and many other pioneer activities. Grab your sweetheart and kick up your heels at Brother Brigham’s Ball on July 21, or bring the entire family to Pioneer Days on July 24.
Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
A FREE admission museum with the largest collection of pioneer memorabilia, including the wagon that Brigham Young was in when he said “This is the right place!”
Family History and Family Discovery Center
Learn more about your pioneer relatives with the new LDS family history website. Even better, visit the new Family Discovery Center in downtown Salt Lake for an interactive experience with your ancestors!
Salt Lake City Cemetery Tour
Take our self-guided tour of the Salt Lake City Cemetery and visit many graves of the early Utah pioneers. Watch for the graves with the “Faith In Every Footsteps” badge on them to signify an original pioneer.
Utah’s First Pioneer Burial Site
In the 1980s, remains of the first pioneers to buried in the Salt Lake Valley were uncovered in downtown Salt Lake City. Among those found were also ancient native American remains. Visit the site where the remains were found, and then pay your respects to them at their final resting place at This Is The Place.
Salt Lake County
- Salt Lake Bees baseball games (contact Steve Nord for discounts)
- KUTV Pops Concert (July 10-11)
- Pioneers of Progress Awards (July 15)
- Pioneer Day Concert (July 17-18)
- First Encampment Hike (July 18)
- Youth Parade followed by Family Festival (July 18)
- Days of 47 PBR Rodeo Event (July 21)
- Float Preview Party (July 20-21)
- Days of 47 Rodeo (July 20-25) – (contact Steve Nord for discounts)
- Pioneer Days at This Is The Place (July 24)
- Deseret News Classic Marathon (July 24)
- Sunrise Service (July 24)
- Days of 47 Parade (July 24)
- Utah Pioneer Day Festival (July 23-24)
- Youth Pioneer Production (July 23-24)
- Utah Pioneer Day Fireworks (July 24)
- Spanish Fork Fiesta Days schedule of events
- Spanish Fork Western Heritage Parade (July 20)
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum tours (select dates)
- Spanish Fork Fiesta Days Rodeo (July 21-24)
- Spanish Fork Midway West Carnival (July 21-25)
- Spanish Fork High School Athletics Pancake Breakfast (July 24)
- Pioneer Day Raft and Run (July 24)
- Spanish Fork 10k Road Race (July 24)
- Speedy Spaniard Mile Run (July 24)
- Spanish Fork Grand Parade (July 24)
- Spanish Fork Fireworks (July 24)
- Stay tuned to Indie Ogden for all things in Ogden!
- First Friday Art Stroll "Traces of the West" Art Show (July 10)
- "Trail to Pioneer Days" Horses on Display (July 10)
- Utah Cowboy Hall of Fame Inductee Celebration (July 10)
- Wild West Shoot-out, Stage Coach Rides, Great Basin Antique Tractor's (July 11)
- Children’s Parade (July 11)
- Junior Posse Jamboree (July 11)
- Ogden Pioneer Days Devotional (July 12)
- Lindquist Fireworks and concert (July 12)
- Horse & Hitch Parade (July 13)
- Family Night To Remember - Glen Rawson (July 13)
- Special Kids Rodeo (July 14)
- Western Wishes Barrel Race (July 15)
- Downtown Hoedown (July 18)
- Farm Day in the City (July 18)
- Slack Breakfast (July 19)
- Miss Rodeo Utah Horsemanship Competition (July 20)
- PRCA Rodeo (July 21-24)
- Grand Parade (July 24)
- Fireworks (July 24)
- Bountiful Handcart Days (July 23-24)
- Handcart Days Half Marathon, 5k and 1k (July 24)
- Antelope Island Pioneer Day Celebration (July 25)
Box Elder County
- Tremonton Pioneer Day Celebration (July 24-25)
- Check out Tooele Today for all things in Tooele County
- Country Fan Fest (July 24-26)
- Living Grist Mill Days (July 25)
- The Band Perry concert (July 25)
- Fiddlers and Fireworks on the Heber Valley Railroad (July 24)
- Charleston 24th of July Celebration (July 24)